Do you want to be part of a team that is leading Veritas’ Information Management solutions into new technology frontiers through innovation, research and advanced development?
TED develops latest cloud applications, scalable shared services and robust security solutions for Information management. TED has a mission to enable software delivery best practices, delivery and operations of the Cloud Platform. Services developed by TED will be consumed by various consumers including product engineering groups to deliver next generation products and solutions.
TED, (Technology Enablement and Delivery) is a startup unit with Veritas. The TED Team is seeking a Principal Software Engineer with Full-stack, Java Development, and Microservices background to build next generation platform features that support the Veritas cloud platform strategy. Partnering with Technical Directors, Product, Program and Engineering teams, you will drive the development on end-to-end microservices, containerization within the Veritas Data Services layer while using the latest technologies to shape the future of data management. You will help change and influence the direction of our architecture cross-functionally and globally.
The ideal candidate is a Full-stack Java Developer with Database (SQL/NoSQL) skills with a broad background and understanding of CI/CD ecosystem and strong ability in the areas of process development, organization, planning, and communication. The Principal Software Engineer, SQL/NoSQL, has high standards for quality and an appetite for creating market-leading user experiences. We operate in a fully Agile development environment that gives you complete ownership for the features that you develop.
- Execute against the roadmap and strategy to develop next generation features that support the Veritas Cloud Services strategy.
- Drive a culture of quality first and shared-first mentality in the organization.
- Managing regular changes in priority due to customer priority changes.
- Keeping up with developments/roadmaps.
- Automate testing and development of software modules to a high quality standard
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Participate in peer reviews
- Collaborate with local and offshore co-workers
- Debug and solve complex problems either individually or within a team
- Work with your scrum team to continuously improve
- 7-10 years Software Engineering experience with current expertise in Java 1.8 with at least 1 year Microservices experience.
- B.S degree in Computer Science is minimum, M.S. in Computer Science is preferred
- Experience working in a large Agile organizations.
- Strong emphasis on engineering best practices including; Peer Reviews, Inspections, Automation, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery
- Facilitative, learn-teach-learn approach – mentor and guide with hands-on delivery.
- Must be organized and can continually multitask and re-prioritize base on business priorities.
- Ability to work with high-performing teams and challenge them to improve further.
- Knowledge of AngularJS, API Management and Databases
- Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development)
- Object-Oriented Design and multi-threaded application development
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube) and best practices
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design a plus
- Experience with continuous software delivery model is a plus
- Scrum Master or Scrum Team participation experience is a plus
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality